1. Record what you eat: Awareness is one of the most important factors in your success. You have to know where you are so you can plan where you are going. Try using an app; MyFitnessPal and Noom are great and have free plans.
2. Take notes on your weight: Keep track of your weekly weight fluctuations or lack there of so you can adjust your calorie intake as needed.
3. Adjust Strategically: Adjust your calories by 200 to 250; it is enough to facilitate change but not enough to be excessive.
4. Eat Sufficient Protein: Consuming 1 gram of protein per pound of lean mass will ensure you are consuming enough for weight loss.
5. Keep Exercise Consistent: This will allow you to ensure the composition change came from nutrition rather than an increase in exercise.