•1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed
•½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
•½ cup prepared fresh salsa
•4 8-inch whole-wheat tortillas
•2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
•1 ripe avocado, diced
1. Combine beans, cheese and ¼ cup salsa in a medium bowl.
2. Place tortillas on a work surface.
3. Spread ½ cup filling on half of each tortilla.
4. Fold tortillas in half, pressing gently to flatten.
5. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
6. Add 2 quesadillas and cook, turning once, until golden on both sides, 2 to 4 minutes total.
7. Transfer to a cutting board and tent with foil to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining 1teaspoon oil and quesadillas. Serve the quesadillas with avocado and the remaining salsa.