• 3/4 lb lean grass-fed ground beef
• 4 tsp salt-free Cajun or Creole seasoning, divided
• 1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
• 1 stalk celery thinly sliced
• 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
• 1 jalapeño pepper seeded and finely chopped
• 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
• 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added kidney beans rinsed and drained
• 1 (20-ounce) bag frozen brown rice prepared according to package directions (or Cauliflower rice if you’re cutting carbs)
• 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
In a large skillet, cook beef with 1 1/2 teaspoons of the Cajun seasoning over medium-high heat until browned, about 10 minutes. Add onion, celery, pepper, jalapeño and 1 1/2 teaspoons of the Cajun seasoning and cook until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Add broth, stir to scrape up any browned bits and cook until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in beans and cook until heated through. Meanwhile, toss warmed rice with remaining 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning. Stir parsley into beef and bean mixture and spoon over rice.
PS; The great thing about this recipe is you can swap out the protein with ANYTHING! Turkey, Chicken, Tofu, Shrimp…the possibilities are endless!